The little cape that I was crocheting is all done. This is the first substantial bit of crochet that I have done in a long time, and I’m really pleased with it. So, without further ado, here are some pictures of the finished article.
The original pattern called for some long chains with pompoms at the end to be used as a closure, but I much prefer the look of the button and loop fastening that I went for. I also did a totally different collar – mine is just a few rounds of double crochet, with a bit of a decrease on the corners at the front to make them curvy. The pattern had a full collar, but I found that it wouldn’t turn down properly and it looked a bit odd when it was stood up, because the front edges crossed over one another.